Future Sound Of London - Ambient Intelligence - Video


Bookmark and Share
An early interview from best ambient music chart toppers Future Sound Of London, a band that blew my mind when I first heard their single Papua New Guinea. I still get a kick out it today - certainly one of the best ambient works I ever selected to buy.This video is probably from around 1994 I think. It is interesting to compare this FSOL video with say, the interview done at the MOJO awards last year where the band picked up an award for best compilation album for their work on the Monstrous Psychedelic DJ mix series.

FSOL Future Sounds Of LondonI think its fair to say the band had had enough of defining the future when they ditched their samplers for sitars and started the psy-folk-rock group Amorphous Androgynous but they still haven't lost their groove and made a glorious comeback with their recent Environments 1-3 albums. Personally I found each one to be better than the last.

They had a big influence on me back in the early 1990's and help shaped my own sense of what psychedelic ambient or chillout music is ( for me ). Above all they were true innovators that embraced the technology they found themselves surrounded in.

View : Psychedelic | Ambient | Trance | Chill Out | Psybient | Psychill
 




Posted on 6.2.11 by PsyAmb TAG : | 0 Comments ( ADD NEW COMMENT )

0 comments :

Post a Comment